What is iCan
iCan is an inclusive online platform that will aid its users in various ways in their everyday life.
Their involvement with the platform will be in an active, as well as in a passive way. They will be actively able to log-in the platform and use its features, while, at the same time, a smart wristband or watch will be taking measures of important health indicators, such as the heartbeat.
iCan is about a platform and a mobile/tablet application that will help senior adult in their everyday life.
- A smartwatch will play a key role having functionalities and features according to the senior’s needs.
- It will encompass several features to aid or entertain the senior adult, in a friendly environment.
- The senior’s family will be a big part of iCan
iCan integrates many features and services useful for the senior’s everyday life, making it simpler and more comfortable. We will create a holistic platform that is specially focused in being easy to be used by senior adults, keeping an appealing and user friendly interface. Most ICT-based projects that concern seniors, what is missing is the motivation given to them in order to occupy themselves with the solution. iCan focuses in this field, trying to make seniors want to use our solution, by features like smart gaming that connect them with their children and grand-children.
The main objectives are the following:
The iCan project aims to:
- Involve a significant size of different end-user categories in order to obtain comprehensive feedback on system development.
- Obtain measurable results on the benefits of the iCan system on users’ life (e.g., independence, feelings of safety, etc.).
- Develop and integrate multiple services in a user-friendly platform including wearables.
- Go to market at 1-2 years after project completion.
- Exploit all project results according to business plans and IPR agreement.